The Connecticut Department of Transportation advises the following construction activities for the upcoming week:
- Town of Haddam
- Crews will continue working on staging for the construction of a new retaining wall along the southside of Route 82.
- Town of East Haddam
- No anticipated roadway work this week.
- Crews will continue with troubleshooting and repair work of the mechanical breakdown of the swing span.
- No anticipated night activities.
- No anticipated lane closures this week.
- Effective Sunday, October 9, 2022, the bridge will resume the 2 daily manual openings of the swing span, the openings will occur at 10am and 1pm. Be advised that this schedule is subject to change if the bridge crew encounters re-occurring or new problems during the scheduled manual openings or high winds (gust above 25mph) become a factor for a manual swing. Boaters are advised to monitor wind gust on anticipated navigation day.
Please be advised:
- Weekend work is not anticipated.
- Signs will be posted to help guide the public.
- Access to local businesses and residents within the work zones will be maintained.
- Unforeseen circumstances have the potential to impact all scheduled construction activities.
If you have any questions related to construction, please send an e-mail to [email protected]