The Connecticut Department of Transportation advises the following construction activities for the upcoming week:
- Town of Haddam
- Crews will be installing roadside embankment stabilization along the northside of Route 82.
- Town of East Haddam
- Crews will be installing protection barriers.
- Crews will continue with repair work of the mechanical breakdown of the swing span.
- Crews will be performing a bridge balancing; this work cannot be accomplished in concurrence with traffic flow. A full bridge closure to all vehicles will be required.
- The bridge will be closed from 11:30pm on November 11, 2022, to 8:00am on November 12, 2022.
Traffic will be detoured as follows:
Route 82 Eastbound
From Route 82 East, traffic will be detoured onto Route 9 South to I95 North to Route 156 North to Route 82 West.
Route 82 Westbound
From Route 82 West, traffic will be detoured onto Route 156 South to I95 South (across the Baldwin Bridge) to Route 9 North to Route 82 East.
- Single lane closures on Route 82 will be occurring each day between 9am-3pm within the project limits, traffic flaggers will coordinate the alternating traffic sequence.
- All lanes will be reopened and operational during peak traffic hours.
- The bridge will continue with the 2 daily manual openings of the swing span, the openings will occur at 10am and 1pm. Be advised that this schedule is subject to change if the bridge crew encounters reoccurring or new problems during the scheduled manual openings. Additionally, high winds (gusts above 25mph) could prevent the bridge tender from performing a manual swing, boaters are advised to monitor wind gusts on anticipated navigation day.
Please be advised:
- Weekend work is not anticipated.
- Signs will be posted to help guide the public.
- Access to local businesses and residents within the work zones will be maintained.
- Unforeseen circumstances have the potential to impact all scheduled construction activities.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is working to inform residents of current and upcoming construction activities through announcements such as this, as well as the project website. For more information, visit
If you have any questions related to construction, please send an e-mail to [email protected]