The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing the following:
Vehicular Traffic Advisory:
The 63-hour bridge closure scheduled for 8pm this Sunday night (11/12) into Wednesday morning (11/15) has been CANCELED.
Be advised that in lieu of a 63-hour closure, overnight full closures will occur Sunday (11/12) through Wednesday (11/15) at the following times:
- Sun. night into Mon. morning – 10:00pm to 6:00am
- Mon. night into Tues. morning – 7:00pm to 6:00am
- Tues. night into Wed. morning – 7:00pm to 6:00am
- Wed. night into Thur. morning – 11:00pm to 6:00am
Motorist alternative options to cross the Connecticut River during these overnight bridge closures will be as follows:
- Traveling to/from the South – Use the signed detour utilizing the Baldwin Bridge (I-95 Old Saybrook).
- Traveling to/from the North – utilize the Arrigoni Bridge (Middletown-Portland).