The Connecticut Department of Transportation advises the following construction activities for the upcoming week:
Town of Haddam
- No Activities.
Town of East Haddam
- No Activities.
- Crews will continue with bridge painting.
- No nighttime work this week.
63-Hour Bridge Closure:
- NO 63-hour closure this week.
Overnight Bridge Closures:
- NO overnight bridge closures this week. (Resuming 1/2/24)
Any changes to this schedule will be communicated in a timely manner.
Extended Lane Closure:
- A section of travel lane on the bridge has been removed from service so the contractor can continue with their rehabilitation work, this will limit the bridge to one operational lane for motorist to proceed through this area. Temporary traffic signals will regulate the alternating traffic flow on the bridge. This extended lane closure will be in place until March 31, 2024. Motorists should expect some delays when crossing the bridge during this four-month duration.
- The swing span is no longer opening to accommodate marine traffic passage, scheduled openings will resume on April 1, 2024.
Please be advised:
- You can sign up for TEXT Alerts to receive notifications on bridge closures and re-openings, closure cancellations, and any emergency closures. To Opt-in, text the word SWINGBRIDGE to 888777. (Message and Data rates may apply). In addition to SMS messages, if you would like to receive Swing Bridge open/closed status notices via email or a voice call from Everbridge, please click here to enter the required information. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help, STOP to Opt-out.
- Effective November 11, 2022, any trucks that exceed 16 tons are restricted from using the East Haddam Swing Bridge, until further notice. Routine enforcement by the Connecticut State Police and Department of Motor Vehicles will occur during this 16-ton restriction period.
- Project WEBCAMS for monitoring traffic conditions on the bridge (one on each side of the river) and tide board clearance for maritime are available 24/7, the camera feeds are viewable from our project website homepage.
- Road signage will alert drivers to lane closures in the construction area. Please pay attention to road signage, slow down, and stay safe!
- Access to local businesses and residents within the work zones will be maintained.
- Unforeseen circumstances have the potential to impact all scheduled construction activities.
- The construction work is currently on schedule.
If you have any questions related to construction, please send an e-mail to [email protected]