The Connecticut Department of Transportation advises the following construction activities for the upcoming week:
- Crews will continue working on clearing and grubbing, driveway realignment, and initial staging for the installation of a new retaining wall on the east side of Route 82 (Haddam side).
- Crews will be performing exploratory test pits adjacent to Route 82 (Haddam side).
- Crews will be performing miscellaneous inspections below the bridge.
- No anticipated night activities.
- No anticipated lane closures this week.
- The bridge is experiencing intermittent mechanical failures, engineers are on-site troubleshooting the issue, be advised that until this issue is resolved, the bridge may not be able to swing for marine traffic passage.
Please be advised:
- Weekend work is not anticipated.
- Signs will be posted to help guide the public.
- Access to local businesses and residents within the work zones will be maintained.
- Unforeseen circumstances have the potential to impact all scheduled construction activities.
If you have any questions related to construction, please send an e-mail to [email protected]