The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing that overnight road closures of Route 82 over the Connecticut River (East Haddam Swing Bridge) will occur from Monday, April 24, 2023 through Friday, May 26, 2023.
BRIDGE CLOSURE INFO
There will be complete bridge closures to vehicular traffic every Monday through Friday night. Be advised that Saturday and Sunday night closures may also occur if weekday nights are cancelled due to inclement weather. (Weekend updates will be provided at the end of the week to inform the public on weekend closures).
The overnight closures will be implemented per the following schedule:
- Mon. night into Tues. morning – 7:00pm to 6:00am
- Tues. night into Wed. morning – 7:00pm to 6:00am
- Wed. night into Thur. morning – 11:00pm to 6:00am
- Thurs. night into Fri. morning – 11:00pm to 6:00am
- Fri. night into Sat. morning – 11:30pm to 8:00am
Weekends (If required)
- Sat. night into Sun. morning – 11:30pm to 8:00am
- Sun. night into Mon. morning – 10:00pm to 6:00am
Motorist alternative options to cross the Connecticut River during these overnight bridge closures will be as follows:
- Traveling to/from the South – Use the signed detour utilizing the Baldwin Bridge (I-95 Old Saybrook).
Traveling to/from the North – utilize the Arrigoni Bridge (Middletown-Portland).