The Connecticut Department of Transportation is issuing the follow traffic advisory for road closures of Route 82 over the Connecticut River (East Haddam Swing Bridge).
Overnight Bridge Closures:
· The contractor will be performing overnight bridge closures this week as follows:
o Sun. night into Monday morning – 10pm to 6am
o Mon. night into Tues morning – 7pm to 6am
o Tues. night into Wed. morning – 7pm to 6am
o Wed. night into Thur. morning – 11pm to 6am
Any changes to these scheduled closures will be communicated.
Motorist alternative options to cross the Connecticut River during these overnight bridge closures will be as follows:
- Traveling to/from the South – Use the signed detour utilizing the Baldwin Bridge (I-95 Old Saybrook).
- Traveling to/from the North – utilize the Arrigoni Bridge (Middletown-Portland).
Please be advised:
· You can sign up for TEXT Alerts to receive notifications on bridge closures and re-openings, closure cancellations, and any emergency closures. To Opt-in, text the word SWINGBRIDGE to 888777. (Message and Data rates may apply). In addition to SMS messages, if you would like to receive Swing Bridge open/closed status notices via email or a voice call from Everbridge, please click here to enter the required information. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help, STOP to Opt-out.
· Effective November 11, 2022, any trucks that exceed 16 tons are restricted from using the East Haddam Swing Bridge, until further notice. Routine enforcement by the Connecticut State Police and Department of Motor Vehicles will occur during this 16-ton restriction period.
· Project WEBCAMS for monitoring traffic conditions on the bridge (one on each side of the river) and tide board clearance for maritime are available 24/7, the camera feeds are viewable from our project website homepage.
If you have any questions related to construction, please send an e-mail to [email protected]